Thursday, February 28, 2008

OPEN: DECK Short Straddle Mar 125 Call/Put

TraderNate and GMoney were looking at this straddle so I placed it too because I agreed with the analysis. The credit was also very sweet on top of the higher probability of this trade too so we weren't complaining!

I sold the Mar 125 Call and Put for a total credit of $19.40.

19.40/19.40+5.60 (margin)= 77.6% yield in 1 week

The one thing I did wrong on this was place this trade as a GTC from last night to fill after 10:30am and not after 3:30pm. Had I waited until the afternoon, I would have gotten a higher credit as the other 2 got. This is why it's important to initiate the trade at the last possible minute for straddles since the stock can shift dramatically in those last few hours before announcement or market close before the announcement.